Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday, January 14th, 2012- Connected- Stereo MCs

The song I woke up with this morning was one of my Mom's favorites. My Mom was not your typical mom...not by a long shot. I think when people learn that she killed herself, they picture this morose woman, and that could not be further from the truth. She remains one of the most hilarious people I have ever known. As a child and teenager, I was painfully shy. I found her sense of humor to be excruciatingly embarrassing. Think a more reserved and slightly less twisted Louis CK. She was completely out of the box. Yeah, she did the "motherly" stuff: cooking, baking, sewing, and general home-making. She also rode a Harley, had a tattoo, and listened to bands like "Tool." She was also an amazing physical comedian and lightning fast with a sarcasm. As a much more confident and relaxed adult, I find that my own sense of humor to be so much like hers. I definitely gravitate toward the dirty and sarcastic side of the spectrum. I try not to embarrass or be inappropriate in front of my kid...although I may not always be successful at it, he is still at the age where he cracks up. I enjoy doing the physical comedy as well: a zombie walk, a fake fall, just general silliness and making fun of myself. My son LOVES that stuff, and I do it mostly for him. She had TONS of friends, and there was always some kind of party at our house. I feel so lucky to have inherited her sense of humor...and it helps me remember the fun times. Anyway, my first though of the day was "I see through you, I see through you." This video is just hilariously awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment