Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29th, 2011- Take my Breath Away-The Knife

Much less anxiety today. Watched "The Diving Bell and The Butterfly" last night. Incredible true story of Jean-Dominique Bauby, the editor of Elle magazine, who suffered a stroke at the age of 45. He was entirely paralyzed from head to toe, with the exception of his left eye. He then decided he wanted to write a book about his experience, and with woman taking dictation, with the only communication being the blinking of his left eye, letter by letter, he did. He died ten days after the book was finished. It really puts things into perspective when you see something like that, and I feel so much gratitude for my life today. I am really looking forward to getting the book. Anyway, here is my Moment of Waking song, by a band recently introduced to me by a friend, The Knife. The lyric I woke up with? "And we raise our heads for the colour red."Great stuff. I couldn't find the original, but I like this remix.

No comments:

Post a Comment